The Pennsylvania Jewish Coalition (PJC), working individually and collectively with others, represents Pennsylvania’s Jewish communities before state government and with other Pennsylvanians. Jewish values guide the PJC’s focus on issues of importance to these communities, including public social policies and funding and regulation of the delivery of human service
The Pennsylvania Jewish Coalition
- Represents the Jewish Communities in Pennsylvania through local Jewish Federations and community representatives.
- Educates, communicates, and advocates for the Jewish communities living, working and playing in the Commonwealth.
- Educates state government officials about the issues, concerns, and successes involving the Jewish Federations and Communities throughout the Commonwealth.
- Likewise, the PJC educates the Jewish Communities about the Pennsylvania State Government and the resources available to help improve the quality of life for the Jewish Communities.
- Strives to obtain the coalition’s goals through creating and/ or enhancing the tools to help local Jewish Federations and Communities by providing resources and assistance to help their own respective communities.
- Acts as a liaison of information between the Pennsylvania Jewish Federations and Communities, and Pennsylvania elected and appointed officials assuring two –way communication on important legislative and administrative issues to the Jewish communities.
- Advocates for the Jewish Federations and Communities striving towards advancing a state-wide legislative agenda forward and assisting in the legislative efforts of the respective communities around the state.
- Works to ensure that the voice of the Jewish federations and communities are heard in the promotion and movement of legislation and policy decisions to improve the quality of life for the impoverished, individuals with special needs, struggling families, the elderly, and our children.